Conservation Resource Specialist: Livestock Planner and Engineering Technician (PDF)
Position Available: December 2018
Position open until filled, the first pull for interviews will be Monday Nov 19, 2018
Contact: Corina Cheever (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The District is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic individual to join our team to provide planning and engineering technical assistance to dairy and livestock operations. The ideal candidate wants to help our dairy and livestock operators be successful while protecting natural resources. This involves:
- Communicating conservation and resource management topics to landowners in a collaborative and technically approachable way.
- Position will support the work of our Livestock Engineering Program using programs such as Computer Aided Drafting (CAD).
- Working with livestock owners to develop Conservation Activity Plans (CAPs) appropriate for their operation. These may be of varying degrees of complexity as required by law or participation in farm bill programs including Small Farm Critical Areas Ordinance (CAO), Dairy Nutrient Management Plan (DNMP), Comprehensive Nutrient Management Plan (CNMP), and/or Concentrated Animal Feeding Operation (CAFO).
- Assisting livestock owners to implement and adaptively manage their projects and plans to achieve protection of natural resources and crop/animal production goals.
- Tracking and reporting progress in delivering technical assistance and practice implementation.
- Completing other tasks as assigned to meet the needs of the District in serving the public.